The new title from Hideo Kojima’s new independent studio will be released on PC at some stage after it hits PS4.
Sony has also said of Konami that the company will remain one of SCE’s most important publishers, and our relationship with them will not change
Kojima’s partnership with Sony was revealed this morning, but now more details about both the deal and the new Kojima Productions have been published via a Q&A shared by PlayStation’s EU community manager.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Kojima signed the deal with Sony today (December 16th), just one day after his Konami contract expired
- Sony is not investing in the studio, which remains wholly independent, while the financial terms of the agreement between the pair remain undisclosed
- Sony could, however, lend development support as necessary”
- The length of the PS4 exclusivity period prior to the PC release has not been disclosed
- Nothing more is said of Kojima’s next game other than it will be completely new” and will not be related to Metal Gear or Silent Hills, both of which are owned by Konami
- The current announcement relates only to Kojima’s next title and not necessarily to later releases
- Kojima Productions is headquartered in Japan