Gamescom 2017 is in full swing. In today’s highlights issue, we talk to EA about its new metric for success and how live games have transformed its business, and how Shadow of War is Warner Bros’ biggest marketing campaign ever.
We also speak to Atlus about its plans to publish more games in Europe and how Ubisoft is planning to enter early access with its newly-announced title Anno 1800.
Elsewhere, we go hands on with Milestone’s Gravel, indie darling Cuphead and Amazon Games Studio’s Breakaway, as well as Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed Origins.
The full contents of today’s issue are below:
- EA: Player happiness, not revenue, is our number one metric of success
- Warner Bros: Shadow of War is our biggest marketing campaign ever
- Atlus to publish more games in Europe
- Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet to build on anime’s success in Europe
- Ubisoft enters ‘early access’ with Anno 1800 engaging community
- Publishing Roundtable 2017: Bringing it to Market
- Milestone: Racing fans want ‘blended experiences, accessible and technologically advanced’ games
- Amazon’s Fantasy League
- Cuphead: A real blast from the past