Monster Hunter XX claimed its third No.1 in Japan last week, shifting another 121,847 units, according to the latest data from Famitsu. Sales dropped 52 per cent last week, but the title has now sold nearly 1.4m copies – an impressive feat after just 16 days on shelves.
Koei Tecmo had a strong week of releases as well, with the PS4 version its Musou Stars debuting at No.2 after selling 42,559 copies. The Vita version also entered the charts at No. 6, taking its combined total to 58,355 units on both platforms. The publisher also saw the release of Blue Reflection: Maboroshi ni Mau Shojo no Ken last week, which debuted at No.4 on PS4 and No.7 on Vita. Collectively, the game sold 45,192 units across both platforms.
Other new entries include Nintendo’s Mario Sports Superstars, which entered the charts at No.3 with 31,007 units, and 5pb’s Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: Death or Kiss, which debuted at No.8 after selling 13,020 copies.
With so many new entries last week, this meant the Switch version of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild dropped to No.5 after a 41 per cent decline in sales week-on-week, and 1-2-Switch fell to No.9 after sales fell 36 per cent. Ubisoft’s Ghost Recon Wildlands also fell to No.10, with sales falling by 35 per cent week-on-week.
In the hardware charts, Switch once again sold the highest number of units, but after a boost of 56 per cent the week before, sales fell back down by 59 per cent last week. That brings its total so far to 556,633 units.
Here’s the Top Ten in full for the week ending April 2nd:
1. Monster Hunter XX, 3DS, Capcom, 121,847
2. Musou Stars, PS4, Koei Tecmo Games, 42,559 (New)
3. Mario Sports Superstars, 3DS, Nintendo, 31,007 (New)
4. Blue Reflection: Maboroshi ni Mau Shojo no Ken, PS4, Koei Tecmo Games, 29,897 (New)
5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Switch, Nintendo, 20,966
6. Musou Stars, Vita, Koei Tecmo Games, 15,796 (New)
7. Blue Reflection: Maboroshi ni Mau Shojo no Ken, Vita, Koei Tecmo Games, 15,295 (New)
8. Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: Death or Kiss, Vita, 5pb., 13,020 (New)
9. 1, 2, Switch, Switch, Nintendo, 11,784
10. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands, PS4, Ubisoft, 11,486
And here are the hardware figures for the same period:
Nintendo Switch, 32,262
New Nintendo 3DS LL, 27,496
Nintendo 2DS, 7,675
PS Vita, 7,330
PS4 Pro, 5,796
New Nintendo 3DS, 1,161
Wii U, 523
Xbox One S, 242