Ubisoft has said that global sales for games in the Assassin’s Creed series have now hit 73m units.
That ranks it ahead of Just Dance (48m), Splinter Cell (30m), Rainbow Six (26m), Ghost Recon (25m) and Rayman (25m).
A few other stats were also revealed on Ubisoft’s corporate website. For instance, the world’s third largest independent developer now employs 9,200 people, 7,800 of which are ‘dedicated to production’ – that’s the world’s second largest in-house development team.
Here’s the top selling franchise list in full:
- Assassin's Creed: 73 million
- Just Dance: 48 million
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: 30 million
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: 26 million
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: 25 million
- Rayman: 25 million
- Petz: 24 million
- Imagine: 21 million
- Prince of Persia: 20 million
- Driver: 19 million
- Far Cry: 18 million
- Rayman Raving Rabbids: 14 million
- The Settlers: 10 million
- The Experience: 9 million
- Anno: 5 million