Warner Bros third game in the Arkham series has entered the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 in first place.
Batman: Arkham Origins only managed to sell around half the units achieved by its predecessor, Arkham City, in its first week although it matches the performance of the first game Asylum.
Fellow Warner title LEGO Batman remains the UK’s all-time best-selling Batman game.
Grand Theft Auto V has to settle for second place this week while FIFA 14 and Skylanders Swap Force also both slip a place to third and fourth respectively, the latter dropping some 50 per cent in sales week-on-week.
There’s a 20 place jump for Mind Candy’s Moshi Monsters: Katsuma Unleashed after sales grew 350 per cent week-on-week.
Ubisoft’s Rocksmith 2014 Edition debuts in 15th, EA’s The Sims 3: Into the Future in 18th and Activision’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 27th.
Here’s the Top 20 in full for the week ending October 26th:
1. Batman: Arkham Origins (Warner)
2. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
3. FIFA 14 (EA)
4. Skylanders: Swap Force (Activision)
5. Pokemon X (Nintendo)
6. Pokemon Y (Nintendo)
7. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
8. LEGO: The Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros)
9. Moshi Monsters: Katsuma Unleashed (Mind Candy)
10. Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft)
11. Disney Infinity (Disney)
12. F1 2013 (Codemasters)
13. Beyond: Two Souls (Sony)
14. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
15. Rocksmith 2014 Edition (Ubisoft)
16. May Payne 3 (Rockstar)
17. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft)
18. The Sims 3: Into the Future (EA)
19. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
20. Sonic: Lost World (Sega)