EA’s FIFA 13 makes it a hat-trick of No.1s this week despite some very high-profile competition.
Bethesda’s Dishonored is the star of this week’s newcomers, charting at No.2 and becoming the biggest new IP launch of the year, beating Square Enix’s Sleeping Dogs.
Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 debut in third and fifth respectively, and even if their sales had been combined it would not have been enough to steal second place from Bethesda’s title.
There’s another new entry at No.7 – 2K Games’ XCOM: Enemy Unknown, which achieves the strong chart debut despite being fairly hard to track down on much of the UK High Street.
Microsoft’s Kinect title Fable: The Journey can manage just 37th in its first week, with PQube’s WRC 3: FIA World Rally Championship enjoying s tronger debut in 27th.
Here’s the UKIE GfK Chart-Track top 20 in full for the week ending October 13:
1. FIFA 13 (EA)
2. Dishonored (Bethesda)
3. Pokemon Black 2 (Nintendo)
4. Resident Evil 6 (Capcom)
5. Pokemon White 2 (Nintendo)
6. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
7. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2K Games)
8. Borderlands 2 (2K Games)
9. F1 2012 (Codemasters)
10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
11. Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix)
12. PES 2013 (Konami)
13. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
14. Rocksmith (Ubisoft)
15. New Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo)
16. Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition (Sony)
17. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
18. NBA 2K13 (2K Games)
19. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
20. Dead Island GOTY (Koch)