Deep Silver’s Saints Row IV has claimed its fourth No.1 in the UKIE GfK All-Formats Top 40.
With a certain other sandbox game due to arrive at retail this week, a fifth looks unlikely but the publisher will be delighted that its superhero romp has put in such an excellent showing in the UK charts.
Square Enix’s PS3 exclusive Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix is a perhaps unlikely debutant at No.2 – that’s a little better that the 35th place debut made by its parent game on PS2 back in 2002.
There are three other new entries this week – EA’s NHL 14 in 11th, Konami’s Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection in 24th and Sony’s PS3 platformer Puppeteer at No.40.
Here’s the Top 20 in full for the week ending September 14th:
1. Saints Row IV (Deep Silver)
2. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (Square Enix)
3. Diablo III (Blizzard)
4. Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft)
5. Disney Infinity (Disney)
6. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
7. Payday 2 (505 Games)
8. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
9. LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner)
10. Rome: Total War II (Sega)
11. NHL 14 (EA)
12. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
13. Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
14. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
15. Killzone Mercenary (Sony)
16. FIFA 13 (EA)
17. Need for Speed Most Wanted (EA)
18. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
19. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
20. Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar)