Freeplay kicked off this week with a visit from Tetsuya Mizuguchi, while Ubisoft wins the industry soccer tournament and EB EXPO is selling fast.
- Tetsuya Mizuguchi (Rez, Child of Eden) visited Melbourne and the Australian Centre for the Moving Image to launch the Freeplay Festival and speak as one of the Game Masters from the exhibition of the same name.
- The Interactive Games and Entertainment Association (iGEA) hosted its second annual games industry soccer tournament, with many more entries than last year and Ubisoft taking the title in spite of being a man down.
- EB Games has reported that the upcoming EB EXPO is now over half sold out on its way to 30'000 tickets.
- THQ Asia-Pacific is reporting that Darksiders II hit number one at retail in its first week on sale (according to NPD Group numbers), taking pole position over rival Sleepin Dogs from Namco Bandai.
- South Australia's Attorney-General, who had previously indicated an intent to abolish the MA15+ classification when the R18 became available, has this week repealed the comments after seeing the new R18+ guidelines.
- Razer is bringing its custom 'Blade' PC gaming laptop to Australia before it hits Europe or the UK, exclusively to JB HiFi.
- MCV interviews Garreth Reeder on how the FIFA franchise paved the way for data analytics in games.
To register for the MCV Pacific News Digest, head to the registration page: http://www.mcvpacific.com/user/index/register/journey/register