The latest RPG franchise from Electronic Arts has stormed the charts in its debut week, taking No.1.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is the first new IP to reach the top of the charts since Deep Silver's Dead Island last September – and the first new RPG IP to grab No.1 since Nintendo's Pokémon Red way back in 1998.
It knocks last week's No.1 – another RPG, Final Fantasy XIII-2 – down one place, followed by another new entry at No.3, 2K Games' The Darkness II. The only other new entry to make it into the Top 20 was Deep Silver's Catherine at No.20.
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection slips to No.4, followed by an EA duo: FIFA 12 and Battlefield 3 at No.5 and No.6 respectively. Modern Warfare 3 holds on to No.7 while Assassin's Creed: Revelations drops to No.8 and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim comes in at No.9.
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games rounds off the Top 10, up from 31 thanks to the release of the 3DS version. Sales increased week-on-week by 145 per cent.
Here's the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 20 in full:
1. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (EA)
2. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix)
3. The Darkness II (2K Games)
4. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Konami)
5. FIFA 12 (EA)
6. Battlefield 3 (EA)
7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
8. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
10. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
11. SoulCalibur V (Namco Bandai)
12. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
13. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
14. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (Activision)
15. Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
16. Rage (Bethesda)
17. Need For Speed: The Run (EA)
18. Zumba Fitness 2 (505 Games)
19. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo)
20. Catherine (Deep Silver)