Bethesda's new entry in the Wolfenstein series has debuted at the top of the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40.
The sixth game in the Nazi-shooting series becomes the second biggest new release of 2014 behind EA's Titanfall and accounted for a quarter of all physical software unit sales and 36 per cent of all revenue for the week.
It's also the series' first No.1, bettering the No.2 debut of 2009's Wolfenstein.
The only other new entry in the entire Top 40 is Codemasters' F1 2013: Complete Edition at No.34.
Elsewhere, Minecraft: PS3 Edition climbs one place to second spot while the Xbox 360 version drops from fourth to seventh.
Here's the UK Top Ten in full for the week ending May 24th:
1. Wolfenstein: The New Order (Bethesda)
2. Minecraft: PS3 Edition (Sony)
3. FIFA 14 (EA)
4. Titanfall (EA)
5. 2014 FIFA Brazil World Cup (EA)
6. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
7. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
8. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Activision)
9. Battlefield 4 (EA)
10. THE LEGO Movie Videogame (Warner)