We are delighted to announce that OPM Response will be our Gold Partner for the Women in Games Awards 2018. The recruitment company will be sponsoring the Career Mentor of the Year Award, one of ten prizes up for grabs on the night.
The nominees for this category are:
- Jodie Azhar, lead technical artist, Creative Assembly
- Deborah Farley, head of talent and outreach, UK Games Talent and Finance CIC
- Ann Hurley, head of games business development, Testronic
- Deborah Mensah-Bonsu, community & content manager, Space Ape Games
- Tara Saunders, head of studio operations, PlayStation London Studio
- Charlene Sharp, lecturer, Staffordshire University
- Lizzie Wilding, VP publishing, Dovetail Games
OPM’s MD Kim Parker Adcock commented: “As we’re a company headed by a Woman in Games these Awards are particularly close to our hearts. We’re super proud to be involved with an event that recognises the amazing ladies working in our industry, and shows the next generation that women’s careers are thriving here!”
Taking place on Friday May 11th at the Facebook offices in Rathbone Square, London, the Women in Games Awards 2018 celebrate the hardest-working, the biggest achieving, and the downright most brilliant women in the UK games industry.
This year’s categories include Rising Star of the Year – Development Award, Creative Impact Award, Rising Star of the Year – Business Award, Businesswoman of the Year, Esports Woman of the Year, Career Mentor of the Year and Outstanding Contribution. We also have three new categories this year: Journalist of the Year, Influencer of the Year and Games Campaigner of the Year. You can have a look at our 2018 shortlist right here.
For more info on the ceremony, sponsorship opportunities and tickets enquiries, please check the event’s website.