This week’s MCV is all about PC gaming. As it goes from strength to strength, we speak to manufacturers Intel, Nvidia and Dell about what’s next for the hardware industry.
Final Fantasy XV is also getting a super-charged 4K Windows Edition next year, so we talk to Square Enix’s Hajime Tabara about bringing the hit RPG to PC.
Elsewhere, we speak to Wargaming CEO Victor Kislyi about the more disciplined and well-structured" company, which had some rocky times recently but is still thriving and has some highly promising upcoming launches.
A month or so from the Xbox One X launch, we also sit down with Albert Penello, who leads marketing for Xbox consoles globally, and Harvey Eagle, the Xbox category director for UK and Ireland, about how its new console is planning to take back the initiative from Sony.
We also talk to the NBA’s Brendan Donohue about how the 2K League is doing esports right, whileUkie CEO Jo Twist and TIGA CEO Richard Wilson both share their opinion on the Bazalgette report.
The full contents of this week’s issue are below:
- OPINION: PCR editor Jonathan Easton on how competitive gaming can make retail more competitive
- OPINION: Level Up Media’s VP of content and marketing Adam Simmons discusses managing risks and rewards of user-generated content
- OPINIONS: Ukie CEO Jo Twist and TIGA CEO Richard Wilson both react to the Bazalgette report and what it means for the industry
- XBOX: We talk to the Xbox executives tasked with turning the Xbox One X into a sales smash hit
- DESKTOP 2.0: We talk to Intel, Nvidia and Dell about the future of PC gaming
- FFXV: Square Enix’s Hajime Tabata on the Final Fantasy XV’s upcoming Windows Edition
- WARGAMING: If a man sticks with our game for ten weeks, then he stays forever," says CEO Victor Kislyi
- RCP: We talk to Remote Control Productions about its family of development studios and its biggest project to date, VR title Das Boot
- FGS: Five reasons why you should be at Future Games Summit 2017
- RETAIL: We catch up with Games Centre’s managing director Robert Lindsay to celebrate the Scottish retailer’s 25thanniversary
- ESPORTS: The NBA’s Brendan Donohue discusses the inaugural 2K Esports League, set to begin next May
- PLUS! Destiny 2 tops the UK weekly charts again, Shadow of War 2, and Forza Motorsport 7 headline the big game releases of the week, and more