Japanese PlayStation 4 sales shot up this week as Batman: Arkham Knight launched in the country.
That’s according to Famitsu market data that shows that sales of Sony’s latest hardware rose 73 per cent week-on-week.
Batman: Arkham Knight debuted in second place, shifting 48,330 units in its first week on shelves. This is likely due to the fact that Sony had a marketing deal in place for Warner’s most recent Batman title. And, of course, Xbox One sales in the region haven’t exactly been stellar.
But it wasn’t the best-selling game of the week – that title goes to the latest entries in the continually popular Yo-Kai Watch series, Akaneko-dan/Shiroinu-tai, which sold 224,268 units between them.
Sales of the 3DS phenomena dipped 67 per cent week-on-week, down from its impressive Week One sales of 688,386 units.
New 3DS XL sales also dipped this week, declining seven per cent, as the hardware falls to second place.
Wii U sales rose this week on the back of Yoshi’s Woolly World hitting stores. That title debuted in third place, shifting 33,821 units, while Wii U hardware sales rose 11 per cent.
Below is the software chart for the period between July 13th and July 19th:
1. Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Akaneko-dan/Shiroinu-tai (Level 5) 3DS – 224,268
2. Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros) PS4 – 48,330 New
3. Yoshi’s Woolly World (Nintendo) Wii U– 33,821 New
4. Dai Ace Attorney: Naruhodo Ryunosuke no Boken (Capcom) 3DS – 23,326
5. Splatoon (Nintendo) Wii U – 23,080
6. Fire Emblem Fates: White Kingdom/Black Kingdom (Nintendo) 3DS – 22,158
7. Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ (Nintendo) 3DS – 20,465
8. Taiko Drum Master: V Version (Bandai Namco) Vita – 12,511
9. Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Sony) Vita – 9,263
10. Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) Wii U – 8,127
And here are the hardware charts:
1. PS4, 22,380
2. New Nintendo 3DS LL, 19,939
3. Wii U, 12,204
4. PS Vita, 12174
5. New Nintendo 3DS, 4,187
6. PS3, 2,513
7. Nintendo 3DS, 2,335
8. Nintendo 3DS LL, 7,94
9. PS VitaTV, 427
10. Xbox One, 183