E3 2016 is notreallyover yet.
In this week’s MCV, PlayStation’s Jim Ryan and Xbox’s Dave McCarthy discuss what they showed at this year’s E3.
We also picked out our favourite games from this year’s show.
We also talk to DICE creative director Lars Gustavsson about why the First World War is a perfect fit the Battlefield franchise.
Elsewhere, we speak to Ubisoft EMEA boss Alain Corre as the threat of a Vivendi takeover increases.
Furthermore, we celebrate the anniversary of Sega’s iconic character with VP of product development Takashi Iizuka and Sonic’s chief brand officer Ivo Gerscovich.
UK games retailers, publishers and developers reminisce about their favourite Sonic moments.
The full contents of this week’s issue are below. The digital edition can bereadhere.
- NEWS: Ubisoft EMEA boss Alain Corre warns against ‘big conglomerates’ threatening creative freedom
- NEWS: Multiplay reveals four-day League of Legends festival
- E3 2016: PlayStation subverts expectations with games, not hardware, at E3
- E3 2016: Xbox sets sights on the next great platform war
- MCV’S GAMES OF E3: We played the games, watched the trailer and spoke to the UK games industry to come up with our top titles from E3 2016
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SONIC: We celebrate 25 years of Sonic with the dev team behind the franchise. The UK games industry also share their best Sonic moments
- THE BIG GAME: We speak to creative director Lars Gustavsson about why the First World War is a perfect fit for Battlefield 1
- INTERVIEW: System 3’s boss Mark Cale talks about the comeback of Constructor
- PLUS! Nintendo UK welcomes new general manager, Doom tops the UK weekly charts, Paul Whitfield from Excite Gamess talks about why the Xbox One S won’t change anything for Microsoft and Sonic’s merchandise range