The 3DS XL has slipped below the PS4 in the Japanese hardware charts, according to the latest data provided by Famitsu.
Nintendo’s larger handheld long ruled the rankings in Japan, but has seen its sales dropdue to the continuing success of the New Nintendo 3DS and New 3DS XL, which for a fourth week continued to top the hardware charts. The redesigned handhelds sold almost 60,000 units this week in total.
Similarly, Capcom’s massively popular beast-slaying title for the 3DS plaform, Monster Hunter 4G, continued to rule the software Top Ten, selling in excess of 50,000 units.
Only one new title debuted in the Top Ten; Warner’s movie spin-off The Lego Movie Videogame charted above Square Enix’s Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix – down this week to number 10 – and Bethesda’s PS3 version of The Evil Within, which re-entered the Top Ten in ninth.
Last week also saw sales of Nintendo’s older 3DS model fall to just over 4,000, dropping below Sony’s last-generation PS3 console. The latter hardware climbed to sixth place.
Here’s the software Top Ten for the period between November 3rd and November 9th:
- Monster Hunter 4G (Capcom) 3DS – 50,841
- Yokai Watch 2: Ganso/ Honke (Level-5) 3DS – 31,286
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo) 3DS – 22,858
- Jikkyo Powerful Pro Yakyu 2014 (Konami) PS3 – 8,657
- The Evil Within (Bethesda) PS3 – 7,065
- Jikkyo Powerful Pro Yakyu 2014 (Konami) Vita–6,659
- Tales of the World: Reve Unitia (Bandai Namco) 3DS – 4,744
- The Lego Movie Videogame (Warner) 3DS – 4,583 (New)
- The Evil Within (Bethesda) PS4 – 3,780
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix (Square Enix) PS3 – 3,228
And here’s the hardware chart:
- New Nintendo 3DS XL – 46,852
- New Nintendo 3DS – 11,637
- PS4 – 9,376
- PS Vita – 9,005
- Nintendo 3DS XL – 8,742
- PS3 – 4,210
- Nintendo 3DS – 4,028
- Wii U – 3,884
- Xbox One – 824
- PS Vita TV – 550
- PSP – 84