Gamescom is finally here and MCV is on the frontline, ready to deliver daily magazines across the three days of the show.
For this first day, we speak to Xbox marketing boss Aaron Greenberg about Microsoft’s bet on FIFA 17 to boost its new Xbox One S console sales, as well as the platform holder’s promotion of Windows 10 at Gamescom.
We also talk to Take-Two, Capcom and Ubisoft about Microsoft’s Project Scorpio and Sony’s Neo – and they say there are ‘no negatives’ to these upcoming consoles.
Koelnmesse’s project manager Tim Endres also speaks about what we can expect from this year’s Gamescom.
You can also read our previews of the most anticipated games of the year, including South Park: The Fractured But Whole and Yooka-Laylee.
The full contents of the issue are below. The digital edition can bereadhere.
- NEWS: Xbox bets on FIFA 17 to transform European sales
- NEWS: Microsoft: ‘There are over 139m PC gamers in Europe’
- NEWS: Nordic Games: ‘THQ put us on the map’
- NEWS: Take-Two, Capcom and Ubisoft praise Project Scorpio and Neo
- INTERVIEW: Koelnmesse’s project manager Tim Endres tells MCV about what we can expect from this week’s festivities
- TERRITORY REPORT: We investigate the Italian market, which as seen growth from all segments in 2015
- ESPORTS INVESTIGATION: Does eSports need regulation?
- PREVIEW: AOT: Wings of Freedom
- PREVIEW: South Park: The Fractured But Whole
- PREVIEW: Mark McMorris Infinite Air
- PREVIEW: Yooka-Laylee
- PLUS! The exhibitor guide to Gamescom, company profiles, schedule of the day, and more.