In this week’s edition of MCV, we look back at this year’s Games Media Awards and celebrate the winners.
We feature the winners’ quotes and pictures, as well as images from the night itself.
In addition we also speak to GAME boss Martyn Gibbs and CFO Mark Gifford about Black Friday, the state of physical games retail and eSports.
Meanwhile, studio boss Colin MacDonald talks to MCV about why Channel 4 has opened the All 4 Games publishing arm, and what his plans for this firm are.
And 2K’s marketing director of WWE marketing Bryce Yang tells us why this year’s wrestling title isn’t afraid of the busy Q4 release schedule.
Below are the full contents of this week’s issue. You can read the digital edition here.
- COVER: GAME – VR needs us to succeed
- COVER: VideoGamer plots global expansion
- COVER: Loading Bar to open new Stratford venue next month
- NEWS: Atari boss promises to fixx its video game ‘mistakes’
- NEWS: ‘Stop grey imports and retail street date breaks or risk chaos,’ says ERA
- NEWS: 2K hails ‘Arnie action’ as Terminator DLC boosts WWE pre-orders
- NEWS: ‘PlayStation has put Paris Games Week on the international radar’
- INTERVIEW: MCV talks Black Friday, digital, the state of physical games retail and eSports with GAME boss Martyn Gibbs and CFO Mark Gifford
- FEATURE: Stop the presses – MCV looks back at the publications and personalities that won big at this year’s Games Media Awards
- INTERVIEW: Channel 4 isn’t a stranger to producing games but now the TV network has opened up a dedicated publishing arm – All 4 Games. We speak to studio boss Colin MacDonald to find out more
- THE BIG GAME: 2K’s director of brand marketing Bryce Yang on how WWE 2K16 is the franchise’s biggest offering yet, and why he isn’t afraid of a pack Q4 release schedule
- INTERVIEW: Xbox UK’s content and services boss Amanda Farr on the campaign behind the biggest Xbox One release to date, Halo 5
- INDIE INTERVIEW: Utrecht-based Abbey Games has managed to quadruple in size in the last three years, thanks in part to the success of its god title Reus.
- APPOINTMENTS: Further changes for Nintendo UK team
- SHELF LIFE: Xtreme Gaming’s Arthur Tolmie on the firm’s events focus
- MARGIN MAKERS: Ahead of sci-fi blockbuster Halo 5’s, we round up the best Halo products