As PlayStation VR comes to the market, MCV tells you everything you need to know about Sony’s virtual reality headset.
We take a look at the new accessories and hardware and speak to PlayStation’s UK group marketing manager Tom Whitaker about the company’s plans for the launch of PSVR.
We also talk to the studios creating games for PSVR: Crytek, Untold, nDreams, CCP and Supermassive tell MCV what developing for the tech is like.
Elsewhere, FIFA 17’s senior producer Nick Channon discusses what changes we can expect in this year’s instalment in the football franchise.
We also speak to Firaxis about XCOM 2’s console invasion and to Kylotonn about the latest iteration in its WRC franchise.
The full contents of this week’s issue are below. The digital edition can be read here.
- NEWS: Slim release sees Xbox One hardware sales rocket 1,000 per cent
- NEWS: PlayStation will lead premium VR market, says developers
- PLAYSTATION VR: Everything you need to know about the hardware and accessories
- PLAYSTATION VR: PlayStation’s Whitaker on Sony’s plans for the launch of the VR headset and its potential once it is in consumer’s hands
- INTERVIEW: Is PlayStation going to dominate VR? Developers have the answer
- INTERVIEW: EA’s Nick Channon chat about the wealth of changes made in FIFA 17
- OPINION: Generation Media’s Sam Clutterbuck discusses how ad strategies have evolved alongside the boom in mobile gaming
- INTERVIEW: Firaxis on XCOM’s console invasion
- INTERVIEW: Game director Alain Jarniou talks about what we can expect from WRC 6
- INDIE INTERVIEW: AppCrowd’s boss Rik Alexander discusses the first title of the studio’s sub brand, Super Punk
- PLUS! Comic Con organisers hire new COO, BioShock: The Collection tops the UK weekly charts again, a Mario merchandise range and more