This trade spotlight looks at MotoGP 13, the officially licenced game for MotoGP
We detail the in-game features and online offers for the game.
PQube CEO Dave Pain and senior product manager Martine Saunders also tell MCV why they have high hopes for MotoGP 13.
MotoGP 13 is released on June 21st.
- MotoGP 13 is the officially licenced game for MotoGP, a sport broadcast to around 280m homes around the world, with the UK one of the top three regions that tunes in.
- The game features all the riders, teams and circuits form the current MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 2013 season with a career mode, official mode and online multiplayer races.
- Commentary in the game comes from real MotoGP commentators and MotoGP 13 marks the first time that motion capture has been used in the development of a bike racing sim.
- Bikers can customise and upgrade their rides and MotoGP 13 gives players authentic bike handling with tarmac and tyre elements taken into consideration.
- Players can now take the race online with head-to-head modes, leaderboards and an in-game social network feed.
- Racers can experience the MotoGP lifestyle away from the track, with team discussions, press enquires and popularity indicators all included in the game.
PLAYERS that pre-order the game will receive exclusive DLC in the form of extra racers to be used in the game including the likes of Valentino Rossi as part of the Ducati Team and Dolvizioso at Monster Yamaha Tech 3.
MOTOGP 13 brings together the strength and appeal of the MotoGP license
with the quality of the Milestone development studio to create a jaw- droppingly beautiful game. It’s an intense racing experience that takes bike racing to a completely new level. This will ensure we build on our position in this genre following successes with SBK, MX Mud and WRC3 through which we have developed a large loyal following of racing fans. We’re engaging with our fanbase to drive traffic to retail.
EXPECTATIONS are high. It’s a strong license, there is a big following of MotoGP fans and a huge audience of fanatical motorbike petrol-heads out there with a severe lack of bike games available to them. MotoGP 13 appeals to racing gamers who enjoy the likes of Need for Speed and Forza, this gives us a massive potential audience. These facts mean that we’re gearing up for this to be a major release, expecting it to be a top three title.