Develop’s start your own studio special, with tips and tricks from industry veterans on founding a company, is now available online in its entirety.
UKIE CEO Jo Twist, Playground Games’ Trevor Williams, FormerDroid’s Fee Stewart and others deliver advice on how to set a foundation, find funding, build a team and plenty more.
Start your own studio:
• Understanding ownership: Alex Tutty breaks down the bewildering world of IP law
• How to grow your studio: Mediatonic CEO David Bailey on forming a thriving game development business
• How to find funding: UKIE CEO Jo Twist looks at the funding options available to start-ups
• How game jams can benefit you: FormerDroid’s Fee Stewart reveals how a dev event sparked the creation of a BAFTA-nominated game
• How to self-publish your game: TIGA CEO Richard Wilson offers a wealth of advice on self-publishing and where you can go to secure help
• What a tech accelerator can do for you: Playmob’s Jude Ower explains the value of getting help from a business support programme
• Essential business development tips: Playground Games’ Trevor Williams shares his top advice for those considering building up a new studio
• The importance of community networks: GameFounders Lauri Antalainen looks at what you can gain from taking part in game-specific accelerator
You can also view all of Develop’s start your own studio features, using the Start-up Special tag.