This week, MCV reveals who the 30 most-talented young people working in the UK games industry today are.
This year’s list features people from publishing, retail, distribution, marketing, PR and community management.
We also speak to the team that launched the original PlayStation in Europe 20 years ago. That team details how the firm how its marketing, games and outside the box thinking to the new console from new boys on the block to the coolest kids on the playground.
We also speak to Freestyle Games, and Mad Catz and Harmonix about the music genre’s big return with Guitar Hero Live and Rock Band 4.
The full contents of this week’s issue. It can be read online here.
- 30 UNDER 30: The 30 most talented people under the age of 30 revealed in this week’s issue
- NEWS: Slitherine, 505 Games and NCSoft back Digital Counts
- NEWS: Industry veterans Matthew Allen and Alan Jones set up new accessories firm Prif
- NEWS: Channel 4 wants an Inbetweeners game
- FEATURE: MCV speaks to the team that launched the original PlayStation in the UK and Europe 20 years ago
- FEATURE: Following the mixed reception to Assassin’s Creed Unity, MCV talks to Ubisoft about how the launch of this year’s Syndicate is going to be different
- BATTLE OF THE BRANDS: Freestyle Games, and Mad Catz and Harmonix go head to head to tell us why Guitar Hero Live and Rock Band 4 are going to be a success this year
- RETAIL:Rob Malyon of Hove’s Gamestar on why the store has decided to focus on pre-owned stock
- APPOINTMENT: New Chair for UKIE
- MARGIN MAKERS: We round up the best products on the marker