For the last issue of 2016, MCV delivers its annual retail survey. We talked to over 170 indie and big-chain games retailers about the year’s ups and downs. From the most anticipated game of 2017 to the launch of VR, all the results and analysis are in this week’s issue.
We also deliver our own review of 2016, rounding up this year’s biggest gaming events, with hardware driving the industry forwards, and backwards, this year.
Elsewhere, we talk to Xbox’s UK marketing chief Harvey Eagle about the firm being back at the top of the hardware charts this year with its new Xbox One S and its plans for 2017.
Meanwhile, UKIE boss Dr Jo Twist gives her insight on how the UK games industry has been this year following the EU Referendum, and Sony’s Joe Palmer talks about The Last Guardian and what it’s like to market a game that’s been so eagerly awaited by fans and critics alike.
We also talk to Capcom’s Antoine Molant about the publisher’s expectations for Resident Evil 7.
The full contents of this week’s issue are below:
- NEWS: Capcom targets 4m Day One sales for Resident Evil 7
- NEWS: Xbox – It’s been a challenging year for UK games market
- ANNUAL RETAIL SURVEY: We spoke to over 170 retailers about 2016
- NOVEMBER CHARTS: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare tops the monthly charts
- REVIEW OF THE YEAR: MCV rounds up the 14 biggest gaming events of 2016
- INTERVIEW: Xbox’s Harvey Eagle talks hardware and how the year has been
- INTERVIEW: We speak to UKIE boss Dr Jo Twist OBE about the current state of the UK games market
- INTERVIEW: We talk to product manager Joe Palmer about the launch of The Last Guardian
- INTERVIEW: Capcom’s Antoine Molant discusses Resident Evil 7
- INSIGHT: Generation Media’s Joe Phelan explains how the advertising market for games has changed since 2015
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS: Pokmon Sun and Moon, expectations for the global games market and Nintendo theme parks headline this week’s international news
- PLUS! New comms lead for CCP’s VR titles, FIFA 17 tops the UK weekly charts again, and more